Thursday 27 September 2012

What's happening...

Sooo...you can see from today's Ten Things Thursday post (and a number of others!) that tomorrow (Friday the 28th), I'm leaving for Montpellier! I'm SUPER excited, but (obviously) also a little nervous.

Anyway, today I FINALLY got my paws on my visa (it's been sitting in Joburg up till today), and it's such a relief to finally have the stupid thing where I can keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't go anywhere (they've proven themselves to be sneaky little things). Of course, as with my passport, I look AWFUL in the photo, and I wouldn't be surprised if the customs and immigration officers have a hard time believing it's me (or even human). This has happened to me before, in China - I was suspiciously asked if the person in my passport was actually me; luckily they believed me! But I digress.

My mom (tentatively) informed me this morning that I may have yet another unpleasant problem when I leave tomorrow. Let me explain. My family always travels business class. Always. Not because we're snobs (even though we are snobby about airline seats), but because my dad gets discounted tickets because he works for the airline company. Why not go business class then? Anyone who has ever travelled business class AND economy class will know that if you have the choice (and you're smart), you choose business class. Then you can actually get some sleep on your flight. Anyway, my ticket for my flight to Germany is a business class ticket, but before I booked my ticket, some selfish, idiotic person booked out the WHOLE of business class...this means (horror of horrors) that I may have to go economy class, if all those people do pitch up (which is unlikely - we've had this problem before and they almost NEVER do). This is REALLY annoying because I was really looking forward to my nice cushy business class seat (I haven't flown for a while so i was really excited). I HOPE that one of those silly people has decided to cancel (they often do, who knows why?). Oh well, at least, if nothing else, I get to sit in the business class lounge. I'm such an aeroplane snob :P

So there you have it, my latest update. There probably won't be too many more for a while - I'm going to get quite busy this next while...speaking of which, I mentioned that the school does excursions - here's their program for the next few days :

1/10 - guided tour of Montpellier - the historical centre
3/10 - cheese tasting
4/10 - restaurant "Moules Frites"
6/10 - excursion to Aix-en-Provence
8/10 - guided tour of the city - Antigone (the new city)
10/10 - the underground museum "Crypte"
11/10 - Oriental evening
13/10 - excursion to Provence

Maybe to some of you, this doesn't sound exciting, but I think it does! I'm particularly looking forward to the tours of Montpellier, Aix-en-Provence, Antigone, and Provence (especially Provence).

More on these and what I'm up to soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment