Tuesday 11 September 2012

Ten Things Thursday - Location, Location, Location


So I've noticed a lot of blogs have a list that they put up on a certain day of the week (like 7 Things Sunday or whatever), so I'm going to steal it for my own blog.
So today's theme / topic is.....dudumDUM....

Ten (really awesome) places I want to go:

1) ITALY- Italy is at the top of my list for so many reasons. The first of which is the most obvious - FOOD. I am a pasta MANIAC. Im not kidding. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if it's available. I feel I need to stuff myself with real Italian pasta before I die. Then, of course, there are the pizzas, the gelatos, coffee, you name it. Being an art freak, I also want to see the famous buildings, artworks, churches etc that Italy boasts. And maybe, just maybe, I'd want to have a look at the Italian men too. It wouldn't hurt.















Is a beautiful, no?

2) CHINA - OK, so I've been to China already a couple of times. Technically, though, Hong Kong (the only chinese city I've been to) doesn't belong to actual China. I want to go and see (specifically) The Great Wall, and the Terracotta Army, and the Forbidden City and all those cool old things. This would need a LOT of transferring and transiting, but to me it would be worth it. Ever since I was small I have been fascinated by the Terracotta Army - this is from watching Arabian Nights too many times! There was a story about the Terracotta Army in it, and even little-me wanted to see them!
















Ah i get so excited even looking at pictures of it!

3) VIETNAM AND CAMBODIA - So I know most people wouldn't even think of going to places like these for a holiday, but actually they look like the most amazing places to go! Vietnam has beautiful lagoons, and Cambodia has so many interesting things to see - the Temples of Angkor Wat look so interesting to me. It just sounds like such an experience!
















4) MACHU PICCHU - I know it's fairly cliché to say you want to see Machu Picchu. It's one of those typical bucket list items. I mean it though. I really would love to see Machu Picchu. I don't know why I am so fascinated by old buildings, things, architecture (the Great Wall, the terracotta army, temples of Angkor wat, now Machu Picchu). Im not sure what the draw is. Maybe it's the mystery behind places like this. I love that they're abandoned, dark, and a bit like a maze (I also have a thing about mazes). Anyway, Machu Picchu is just the type of thing that I'd want to see. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity some day.














5) IRELAND (AND SCOTLAND) - If you look at pictures of Ireland and Scotland, they look like the most beautiful, picturesque places. The pictures always show rolling green hills, lakes and castles. It looks like some sort of wonderland. Ok, so generally they have terrible weather...I STILL want to see them. Also, I am of the opinion that the Scottish and Irish people are lucky enough to be the owners of the BEST accents in the entire world. Eat your hearts out, aussies!

















6) CONTIKI TOUR - Alright, so it's not exactly a place. But they do go TO a lot of places. I particularly want to do their European tour - I so badly want to see all the sights and beautiful things in Europe!

7) GREENLAND / ICELAND / ALASKA - For those of you who can't remember, Greenland is the icy one and Iceland is the green one. Or so I've heard. Anyway, I'd like to go to on eof those to see the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis), and the fjords, and ice and snow and all that. It would be an amazing experience, and a totally unique holiday! Chances are, I won't ever get a chance to do it, but I can dream right?
















naaaaaaaw, look how CUTE they are....


8) EGYPT - I have heard that visiting Egypt is not really so nice. Apparently it's similar to visiting India...I would still like to do it. It must be my like of old places. I'd love to see the pyramids! To me they seem so mysterious, and such amazing feats of architecture. And I'd go camel riding (even though you can do that all over South Africa).

















9) NEW YORK CITY - So, yes, I have already been to NYC. But I'd really like to go back and see one more thing that I missed out on (due to my accursed minor-ness) - the jazz bars / clubs. I've heard such wonderful stories of the music you can hear in New York, particularly jazz. Being a lover of all kinds of music (this doesn't include rap, RnB, or bad house music - that's not music), this is right up my alley. Of course, there's lots of other things to do in New York - the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, 5th Avenue shopping (if you're super rich), Times Square, the HUGE Toys'R'Us...although I've seen that all already, I'd like to see it again!




















This was taken four years ago...ie. I DO NOT LOOK LIKE THIS ANYMORE!!

10) MORE OF SOUTH AFRICA - Although I would never choose a South African holiday over an overseas holiday (traitorous I know), I still feel bad that I haven't seen too much of my own country. South Africa has such beautiful places to offer, and I would like to see them someday. Maybe after I've travelled the world :P

















My family took these, pretty huh?


So there's my list of places I'd like to go to. Of course, there are more, but I'm limited to 10 here!

No comments:

Post a Comment