Wednesday 19 September 2012

Newest News!

Ok, so here's a quick summary of my newest news....

Not that there's very much, since I have been imprisoned at home with chicken pox (blah).
Firstly, the chicken poxes (yes, I know that's not a real word) are going away....YAY!

For anyone who hasn't yet had it - please, when you do, just stay home. Don't go spreading your misery, seriously! Chicken pox is the MOST annoying disease - you don't really feel too bad (except for the incessant, insane, INFERNAL itching), but you can't go anywhere because you might infect someone (not that you look particularly wonderful at this time anyway!).

Secondly, anyone wanting to learn French in a fun way? Try watching cartoons in French! It's immensely amusing, and you might pick up something! I've spent my imprisonment time at home watching TinTin and the "Penguins of Madagascar" in French (yes, you can do that). Although, what I mainly learned from watching TinTin was: "Tu es vivent!" (You're alive!), "Il est disparu!" (He/It has disappeared!), "Au Secour!" (Help!), "Mille Sabords!" (Captain Haddock's "Blistering Barnacles"). The amount of times they say "You're alive!" and "It's disappeared!" is amazing!

Anyway, the main news is that I'm now leaving a week later. So I would have left tomorrow, but now I'll leave next week Thursday / Friday. This is disappointing, but actually a really good thing. Obviously, I don't want to jet off to France, and meet the people I'm spending two months with, looking (frankly) a bit scary (I look like I've had some disease - appropriate), plus you never know with airports - they might stick me in quarantine just in case! Also, my idiotic piece of essential paper is STILL not here. Apparently, it's in Pietermaritzburg and will be here on Friday (how it will take it two days to make a ten minute drive is a mystery to me). But, I mean, really, it TOOK IT LONG ENOUGH!!! It has taken it a week and a half to accomplish what is supposed to only take you days (such is the way of the South African Postal Service). Ugh.

Anyway, there's my little bit of news (and rant) for now....feel free to come back tomorrow for Ten Things Thursday! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment