Monday 24 September 2012

Excitement.

So...today is Tuesday. Ordinarily, this wouldn't really mean much to me (sitting around doing nothing means you lose the use of your internal calendar), but THIS Tuesday, it means that there are 3 days left until Friday, when I'm jetting off to France! 

After a lot of hard work and effort (mainly on my parents part - thank you, dear parents!), I finally get to go. Ok, so it IS a little scary making such a long journey all on my lonesome - I'm going from Durban to Joburg, from Joburg to Germany, from Germany to Paris, then from Paris I'm taking the train to Montpellier. Yes, I KNOW, it's quite a "leggy" trip, isn't it? 

But I'm REALLY excited! I have never lived away from home for such a long period of time before (10 weeks), which is a little daunting. But, I'm hoping it will be good for me, and I know it'll be good for my French! I'm also really hoping that there are some younger people at the language school, and that they're not all old (this is a possibility, but not likely, I think)! More on that to come...


So this Thursday, I'll be posting a list (the Ten Things Thursday list) of some of the things that I hope to do in Montpellier (awesome things!). But because I'm very impatient, here's a little preview of some of the "to-do's" in Montpellier - beautiful beaches (obviously this had to be the first thing that came to mind) ; churches, abbeys, mansions ; beautiful architecture ; a massive mall that includes an ice rink, planetarium, big movie theatre, and loads of shops (I approve!) ; beautiful parks and gardens ; markets ; a zoo and aquarium ; visiting other nearby cities ; wild flamingo colonies (which hopefully haven't gone anywhere for winter yet) ; lavender farms ; maybe a perfume farm ; so much more!!! 

So, now do you see why I'm excited???


Oh, and then, below is a picture of WHERE I'm going - Montpellier, which is in the Mediterranean (be jealous)....



No comments:

Post a Comment