Wednesday 19 September 2012

Ten Things Thursday - FOOOOOD

Ok so of course, I have to do a Ten Things Tuesday about food. I mean, everybody loves food. Everybody. Even anorexics love it deep down....

So here's list of some of the yummiest foods :

1) PASTA - Have I mentioned before that I'm MAD about pasta? Yes, yes I have. I'm not lying here, I really do love pasta. it is without a doubt, my favourite food in the whole world. Lasagne is probably my favourite type of pasta dish, so here's a picture of it for you to drool over. YUMMY.















2) NUTELLA - Nutella has become SUCH a major thing with everybody - and for good reason. It is pure goodness in a jar. If you haven't tried it yet (which I doubt, everyone has), for your own good, TRY IT! There are loads of super tasty looking recipes that use nutella, and because I'm such an awesome person, here are the links to some:














Nutella Caramel Hazelnut Brownies
Nutella Milkshakes
Nutella Filled Doughnuts
Nutella Dream Cookies
Red Velvet Cake with Nutella Fudge Icing
Nutella Crème Brûlée
Nutella Ice cream

3) PIZZA - Everybody loves pizza. I don't think I've ever met anyone who dislikes it. Although there probably are some oddballs out there who don't like it. But really, this is good stuff. Unfortunately, here in South Africa, it's hard to find really nice pizza. When I've had pizza in America, the slices are massive and dripping with cheese, covered in yummy toppings. That's probably not even close to what you can get in Italy. Here, the shops are are bit stingy, with the size and the toppings. But, oh well, we'll just have to make do with what we've got! Or you could always make it yourself!













Pizza Recipe


4) ROAST POTATOES - Come on, who doesn't love some good roast potatoes? I mean the really good kind, the ones that are crisped just right, with just the right amount of seasoning...mmm.
Personally, I'm very disappointed if my family has a roast of some sort without potatoes. It's just not the same. I really want to try them the way they're done in the second picture - wrapped in bacon with a dip. MIAM MIAM.

















5) CUPCAKES - So maybe cupcakes are a little bit childish, and only for little girls...but I don't care because they're so good! It's so much easier popping a cupcake into your mouth that cutting pieces of cake and having to find a way to eat your slice without ending up wearing it as well. I love making cupcakes, and all my friends and family are plied with cupcakes whenever a birthday or celebration comes round. Here are a few recipes I found for cupcakes :

Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon-Blueberry icing
White chocolate, Peanut butter, and Banana Cupcakes
Milky Way Cupcakes

6) PANCAKES - This is for my brother. I actually don't like pancakes all that much, but pancakes for him are like pasta for me. He would eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 365 days a year if he could. Pancakes are pretty versatile, I mean you can eat them with chicken, mince, creamed spinach, cinnamon and lemon, bananas and caramel (a good one), ice cream, syrup, and of course, NUTELLA. Nutella is good on pancakes. Actually, it's good on anything.


7) BILTONG - I sometimes feel sorry for people who aren't South African because they miss out on biltong. Sure some other countries have some form of nasty dried meat, and America has beef jerky (I don't know what they see in this), but we're the only people who can buy biltong at the drop of a hat! All South Africans will tell you that biltong is good - how can a whole nation be wrong? :)

8) CHIPS (CRISPS) - Here we call them chips. We call the ones you fry or get at McDonalds chips too. We're cool like that. Either way, both forms of these, crisps AND fries as some would say, are extra yummy. My family used to call me "The Chip Monster" (which I actually find insulting), because once I start with chips, I can't stop. Can't. I don't know anybody that is as bad as me...oh well, at least I'm unique. Like everybody else.

9) CREAMED SPINACH - Most people think it looks like vomit. Most people will disagree with me and say they don't even like regular spinach! I, on the other hand, looove it. If you have to eat vegetables, why not eat them doused in cream, with bits of feta cheese? I don't see what's so horrible about creamed spinach at all! So leave me to eat my vomit in peace....

10) NOT PEAS - I'm breaking the trend here, and adding something that is NOT yummy. I repeat, NOT YUMMY! I don't really know what it is about them that I hate so much. They don't taste particularly good, and it's not like they're worth all the effort of eating them. I mean, you chase the stupid things all around your plate, and after five minutes of performing an extreme balancing act with a bunch of peas, you end up with two on your fork. It doesn't work for me. Nope.


No comments:

Post a Comment