Saturday 15 September 2012

Schlep.

I have a bit of a dilemma.

Remember in a previous post I mentioned that we were struggling to get a Schengen visa because of ONE STUPID PIECE OF PAPER???

Well, it looks like that stupid paper isn't going to arrive on time for me to fly on Thursday the 20th as planned (I blame the postal service). We even phoned customs to find out if it had arrived in SA - "No, no, it hasn't arrived yet. You should only start looking on Wednesday!". WEDNESDAY??? Bleh.

THEN I go onto the French postal site (awesome French-understanding took place), and used the thing's tracking number to find out its whereabouts. What does THIS source say? Oh, it left France on Tuesday the 11th. Now, customs lady, please tell me how it flew out of France on Tuesday and STILL hasn't arrived in SA?? Ahhhhh, will the chaos never END?!

So now we have to try and work out if, as usual, our sucky systems have failed and it IS here (this means I can go on time...BEST OUTCOME RIGHT HERE!), OR if it's gotten lost somewhere in the air between France and Africa (BAD option!).

So there you have it - my dilemma.

To top that all off, I have a whopping dose of flu.

I hope you all feel sorry for me now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment